Thursday, January 2, 2014

365.1: Packing Up Christmas

Yesterday was the first day of 2014. Other than a quick trip to Publix to get eggs we spent all of it at home. Chess, fudge, Christmas leftovers, knitting, nail polish, crochet, and tatting were the day's activities. Oh yes...we also took down Christmas decorations. All four trees are now packed and ready for their debut on the day after Thanksgiving.
I'm not quite sure how our garage now looks more organized with all the boxes of Christmas decor back in their places, but it really does. I am amazed by my wife's organizational skill. In seventeen years of marriage, I have never known our kitchen/living room/dining room not to be "company ready." She is raising three children, has run three different businesses out of our home, moved twice in the last six months, taught full-time, babysat, and kept a sloppy, creative, free-thinker like me grounded and sane. Somewhere in there she still finds time to sew, crochet, tat, and craft amazing handmade treasures for us, our family, and our friends.
When I was a young boy I had a huge crush on Wonder Woman.
When I was a young man, I married her.

No comments:

Post a Comment